Reiki isn’t a destination, it’s a journey.
The system of Reiki is a Japanese spiritual practice that not only supports healing, but also provides you with a context for spiritual growth and personal development. Learning the system of Reiki can lead to a regular spiritual practice that will allow you to increase your intuition and Self-awareness through the strengthening of your foundational energetic strength.
Through the journey of Reiki, you become more balanced and compassionate, and as you begin to discover your True Self, you remember the Light within…the Great Bright Light.
There are many ‘types’ of Reiki these days – I teach traditional Japanese Usui Reiki Ryoho, meaning I teach as close as possible to the original methods and teachings of Mikao Usui, the Reiki Founder.
The courses emphasises the “five pillars” of Reiki:
- Reiki attunements
- Reiki meditations
- Mantras and symbols (Introduced in Reiki II – Okuden)
- Reiki precepts
- Hands on Healing
Reiki can give you greater discipline and focus, it can help you to feel more centred and balanced while your intuitive nature grows stronger. Reiki is a path to greater awareness and enlightenment, whether you feel you are just beginning your journey or you’re a seasoned ‘traveller’ Reiki may be your next step.
The courses include a Workbook to take with you, your completion Certificate and afterwards a 21 day e-course – this helps you to establish a continuing practice and also offers a more extended learning experience. You may choose to come to my follow up classes (see below) in which the content of the e-course is discussed further and in more detail.
The courses are offered in different formats:
- a weekend course consisting of 2 x 7 hours days.
- a 3 day course of 5 hours each day offered once a week over 3 weeks, either a week day or a Saturday.
- If you’d like to continue to learn and build your practice, I offer a once a week follow up session of 1 1/2 to 2 hours each. This is to help you to refine your meditation techniques and gives you the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have.
- Every 2 months we gather for a Reiki share night, these will be posted on my website, Facebook and also via email notifictations.
- Both of these optional meetings are offered at $20 per person.
Lunch and snacks are provided and optional snuggles with my two cats, Max and Milly…
Level 1 Reiki Course (Shoden)
Cost is $350
Shoden means “first teachings / awakening”, it is the Japanese name for Level I.
During this course you will:
- Open your energy channels – initiation.
- Learn the foundation of the system.
- Learn and experience Self-healing.
- Reawaken your ability to heal others (usually focusing on friends, relatives, pets).
- Learn to sense and cultivate energy (Ki).
- Receive 4 attunements.
Level 2 Reiki Course (Okuden)
Cost is $395
Okuden means “inner or hidden teachings”, it is the Japanese name for Level II.
During this course you will:
- Open your energy channels further.
- Receive the first 3 symbols – these assist in the strengthening and development of our connection to the Reiki energy.
- Begin Mantra and symbol work.
- Learn ‘distance’ Reiki.
- Receive 3 attunements.
Reiki II builds on what you’ve learned and opens your energetic channels even further. You are introduced to the symbols and Mantras, and also distance healing. If you choose to do Reiki II you have decided to go more deeply into your Reiki practice and after completion you may choose to offer your services as a qualified practitioner – or you may just want to build on your personal spiritual practice.
This is known as the ‘Practitioner Level’, you must have at least this level to practice professionally.